Middle East | North Africa | Central Asia
About our Region
Here's what's Happening in our region:
- We are in 13 Countries: 2 North Africa, 3 Central Asia, 7 Middle East, and 1 unnamed.
- 20 cities have Vineyard people ministering there.
- There are 6 partnerships and 3 AVC's cooperating: US, UK, Russia.
- There are 11 Vineyard churches in the region
- 16 long-term cross-cultural worker families are currently on the field in the region, and there are 3 indigenous workers who have returned from the US to minister in their home countries.
Bill and Cheryll Hanawalt
Bill and Cheryll Hanawalt serve as teaching pastors at the Evanston Vineyard and were part of the original team with Steve Nicholson that planted the church in 1976. They have been married for 43 years and have 3 adult sons. They have worked together to train and support local church leaders and long-term cross-cultural workers in the Middle East, Central and South Asia, East and West Africa and Latin America. Bill is also the Executive Pastor of the Evanston Vineyard. A second-generation church planter, Bill received his Bachelor’s degree from Yale University and completed his seminary training (M.Div.) at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. Cheryll is also a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in private practice. She completed her undergraduate work at Trinity College (IL) and she also has a Masters of Arts in Counseling Psychology from Northwestern University.